Prefer the online version?
Are You A Teacher?
Heartsaver® CPR & AED Certification Course
Full Course Classroom
Heartsaver® CPR AED is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course. Skills taught during the course include adult CPR, AED use, and the Heimlich Maneuver. This course teaches skills with AHA’s research-proven Practice-While-Watching (PWW) technique. This technique allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback and guide the students’ learning of skills.
$50 Initial or Renewal
AHA certification Same-Day Cards* (valid for two years)
- Multiple convenient locations around Indianapolis & central Indiana
- Classes offered days, evenings and weekends for your convenience
- Knowledgeable & helpful staff
- High quality and innovative training equipment
- Complementary email reminders of upcoming expiration
- Guaranteed satisfaction
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training including teachers, fitness instructors, childcare providers, lifeguards and more who need a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
Classroom-based (instructor and video, with skills conducted throughout)
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Course is updated with the newest science and recommendations
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR AED Course Completion Card that is valid for two years. During the course, an AHA Instructor conducts video-based lessons and works with students to complete their CPR and AED skills practice and testing.
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the most current American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR, including child and infant choking
How long does this certification last?
All American Heart Association Courses are two-year certifications
Do I have to take a written examination to pass the Heartsaver AED course?
You are not required to take a written examination. Once you have successfully completed your skills check off you will receive your course completion card.
Can I take this course if I am a healthcare professional student?
No, all healthcare providers are required to take the BLS for healthcare providers CPR course.
Does taking this course meet my requirements for my teaching license?
Yes, this course contains all of the CPR objectives required by the state of Indiana to apply for your teaching license.