ACLS Certification Challenge
The American Heart Association’s ACLS Challenge Test is an efficient and cost effective way for you to re-certify your ACLS Provider Certification.
- Same-Day cards*
- Convenient location in Indianapolis
- Challenges offered days, evenings and weekends by appointment
- The test is open notes and book
- Knowledgeable & helpful staff
- High quality and innovative training equipment
- Complementary email reminders of upcoming expiration
- Guaranteed satisfaction
Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
ACLS teaches you clinical interventions for the urgent treatment of cardiac arrest, stroke, cardiac emergencies and other life threatening medical emergencies, as well as the knowledge and skills to deploy those interventions. Only qualified health care providers can provide ACLS, as it requires the ability to manage the patient’s airway, initiate IV access, read and interpret electrocardiograms, and understand emergency pharmacology.
- Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support reflected in the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag valve device, and the use of an AED.
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of post cardiac arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as member and leader of a resuscitation team
How should I prepare for the Challenge Test?
You are strongly encouraged to review the ACLS student manual prior to the Challenge Test and also take the self assessment test. The self assessment test can be accessed through the internet as follows: www.heart.org/eccstudent (enter “acls15” when prompted for access).
Can I take the Challenge Test as an initial certification?
No, you can only take the Challenge Test to re-certify your current ACLS certification.
What is the minimum score to pass the Challenge Test?
The current ACLS Challenge Test has 50 multiple choice questions and the minimum passing score is 84%.
Is this Challenge Test approved by the American Heart Association?
Yes, the AHA approved the Challenge Test for ACLS Providers re-certifying through an approved Training Site as of November 1st, 2017.
Where can I buy an ACLS Student Manual?
AHA books can be purchased at eworldpoint.com for your convenience.