CPR for Teachers
Would you prefer the online version?
Heartsaver® CPR/AED Certification for Teachers
This course is for individual teachers who are not affiliated with RESQ.
If you are a teacher with an affiliated school system, please go to our School CPR page
Full Course Classroom
$50 Initial or Renewal
AHA certification Same-Day Cards* (valid for two years)
- Multiple convenient locations around Indianapolis & central Indiana
- Classes offered days, evenings and weekends for your convenience
- Knowledgeable & helpful staff
- High quality and innovative training equipment
- Complementary email reminders of upcoming expiration
- Guaranteed satisfaction
CPR Course Description
RESQ Health and Safety provides training that meets Indiana Department of Education requirements for Teacher CPR/AED Training.
Per IC 20-28-5-3(c) applicants who receive an teacher’s license must have successfully completed training in:
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation that includes a test demonstration on a mannequin,
- Removing a foreign body causing an obstruction in an airway, and the Heimlich Maneuver; and,
- Hold a valid certification in each of these procedures from either the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
Our Heartsaver® CPR/AED for Teachers course meets or exceeds all of the above requirements!
We support the Indiana State Teachers Association. Click here to visit their webiste.
How long does this certification last?
All American Heart Association Courses are two-year certifications
Do I have to take a written examination to pass the Heartsaver AED course?
You are not required to take a written examination. Once you have successfully completed your skills check off you will receive your course completion card.
Can I take this course if I am a healthcare professional student?
No, all healthcare providers are required to take the BLS for healthcare providers CPR course.
Does taking this course meet my requirements for my teaching license?
Yes, this course contains all of the CPR objectives required by the state of Indiana to apply for your teaching license.