Become a Home Health Aide (HHA)
A Home Health Aide (HHA) provides supportive care in the home including providing assistance with personal care such as bathing, meal preparation, and light household duties, monitoring the patient’s condition, and assisting with medication under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Duties of a Home Health Aide Include:
- Observation, reporting and documentation of patient status and the care or service furnished.
- Reading and recording temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Basic infection control procedures.
- Maintenance of a clean, safe, and healthy environment.
- Appropriate and safe techniques in personal hygiene and grooming.
- Safe transfer techniques and ambulation.
Home Health Aide Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must pass a comprehensive background check
- No high school diploma or GED is required
HHA Course Format
2 Week Course
- Classroom and Clinicals are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Class will be held at our Indianapolis office.
- Clinicals will be held at one of the RESQ’s ISDH approved clinical sites.
- $250 registration fee reserves your spot!
- The total cost of the class is $495. Remaining balance of $245 due by the first day of class.
- Healthcare Provider CPR is included (a $55 value).
For more information about our HHA program please call 317.786.7260.