Save $$ with our ACLS plus BLS classes!
You must have the new 2015 AHA ACLS Provider manual.
You are required to review the ACLS student manual prior to the course and also take the self assessment test. The self assessment test can be accessed through the internet as follows: www.heart.org/eccstudent (enter “acls15” when prompted for access).
$100 Initial or Renewal
AHA certification cards emailed before the end of the next business day
* (valid for two years)
- Multiple convenient locations around Indianapolis & central Indiana
- Classes offered days, evenings and weekends for your convenience
- Knowledgeable & helpful staff
- High quality and innovative training equipment
- Complementary email reminders of upcoming expiration
- Guaranteed satisfaction
Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Your ACLS course will teach you clinical interventions for the urgent treatment of cardiac arrest, stroke, cardiac emergencies and other life threatening medical emergencies, as well as the knowledge and skills to deploy those interventions. Only qualified health care providers can provide ACLS, as it requires the ability to manage the patient’s airway, initiate IV access, read and interpret electrocardiograms, and understand emergency pharmacology.
Topics covered in the ACLS course include:
- Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support reflected in the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag valve device, and the use of an AED.
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of post cardiac arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as member and leader of a resuscitation team
How should I prepare for the course?
You are strongly encouraged to review the ACLS student manual prior to the course and also take the self assessment test. The self assessment test can be accessed through the internet as follows: www.heart.org/eccstudent (enter “acls15” when prompted for access). You can also view our article on preparing for your ACLS class here.
What is the minimum score to pass the written examination?
The current ACLS test has 50 multiple choice questions and the minimum passing score is 84%.
I have difficulty reading rhythm strips. Will I still be able to pass the class?
Yes, there is no need to take an EKG course prior to ACLS our instructors will provide you with easy to understand ways to read rhythm strips during the course.
Does everyone have to be the team leader during the mega code testing?
Yes, however as the team leader that simply means you are coordinating the scenario with your team being able to assist you during the mega code.
Where can I buy an ACLS Student Manual?
AHA books can be puchased at eworldpoint.com for your convenience.