Become a Qualified Medication Aide (QMA)
A Qualified Medication Aide (QMA) is a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) who has completed additional training, annual in-service training, and demonstrated competency while dispensing and passing medications and or applying/administering treatments under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse.
Classes meet at our Indianapolis office location.
Dress Code: You may wear any color scrubs.
40 hours of clinicals (practicum) will be completed at the student’s facility.
QMA Program Requirements
- 1000 hours of documented current CNA work experience
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Validation/documentation of high school diploma or GED
- Currently employed at a healthcare facility
- Read and write English language
- Proficient in basic math calculations
- Copy of current Indiana CNA certification number
Full class cost: $900 — This is an all-inclusive program
Included in class cost:
- All Study Materials
- Updated Nursing Drug Book
- $65 State Testing Fee
- Index Study Cards
$300 Down Reserves Your Spot!
- Cash or Money Order made out to RESQ Health and Safety Training
- Check – $25 NSF fee for insufficient funds
- Credit Card – Add a 3% convenience fee
A Tuition Payment Plan Is Available!
$300 down plus $100 per week for 6 weeks. Tuition must be made in full prior to last week of class.
Application Documentation Verification
Complete and return:
- QMA Application by QMA candidate.
- CNA 1000 Hour Verification Form by your healthcare facility administrative staff.
- QMA Practicum Agreement by your healthcare administrative staff.
All application forms must be completed and returned via:
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Mailed to 6845 S. Madison Ave. Indianapolis, IN 46227or
- Printed out and brought in to orientation
A valid Driver’s License/State ID and Social Security Card will need to be presented at orientation.
At orientation you will receive your books and study materials, fill out paperwork, and take a basic reading comprehension and math exam. You will receive all of your study materials upon completion.